The Ministry of Tourism, Environment, Heritage and Culture, invites qualified and professional applicants to apply for the post of:
Director of Maritime
Closing Date: Ongoing
JOB REFERENCE NO: CFB5-1
JOB TITLE: Director of Maritime
MINISTRY: Ministry of Tourism, Environment, Heritage and Culture
The post is a senior management position mandated to oversee the efficient enforcement of applicable maritime laws and proper implementation of the duties and responsibilities of the Department; to conduct policy review and analyses, and to propose appropriate legislative action; to perform SWOT analyses and strategic planning to address both short and long-term issues and challenges of the Department.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop effective strategic plans for Maritime Affairs
- Develop Terms of Reference (TOR) for maritime works.
- Review and recommend conditions for approval of maritime studies submitted to the Government.
- Prepare Advisory Council/Cabinet Papers on matters that affect the maritime sector.
- Formulate guidelines for proper resource use and maritime management
- Develop management plans for Maritime.
- Prepare Departmental budgets and oversee compliance
- Manage and promote productivity and welfare of Department Staff
- Organize staff and planning meetings and work programmes
- Promote maritime public awareness
- Liaise with and advise the MTEHC Permanent Secretary, when requested
- Liaise with Ports Authority and the Department of Environment and Coastal Resources
- Sit (ex officio member) on various committees where necessary
- Liaise with various stakeholders including vendors, fishermen and water sports business owners,
- Interact with experts and other stakeholders in furtherance of duties and responsibilities.
- Prepare funding proposals to support the activities of the Department.
- Prepare reports on resource use and management
- Oversee enforcement of maritime laws and issuance of appropriate licenses;
- Prepare Department corporate plans;
- Represent TCIG on technical committees, workshop and other public forums;
- Conduct SWOT analyses and promote team building activities toward increasing productivity and accountability;
- Prepare Speeches / Oral Presentations (Maritime Field) for the Ministry when necessary;
- Adhere to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations;
- Perform other duties assigned by proper authorities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
SALARY: Grade 9 - $59,552.50 per annum
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: email@example.com.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (CFB4-10) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.